ABOUT CHOOSE FOODRegistered Dietitian Nutritionists in Austin, TX
Meet the Team
Looking for some support and guidance towards reaching your goals? You’ve reached the right place. This is where you can learn about the Choose Food registered dietitian nutritionists.
We know, however, that there is only so much you can learn about a person by reading a short blurb. That’s why you can book a free phone consultation with us to ask questions, get a feel for how we work with clients, and learn how we can help. No strings attached!
Deborah Torrey Fisher, MS, RDN, LD
Registered Dietitian Nutritionist
I am a Licensed and Registered Dietitian Nutritionist from Austin, TX. I completed my education at Texas State University, where I obtained a Master of Science in Human Nutrition, a Bachelor of Science in Nutrition Science, and completed my 1,240 hour supervised dietetic internship program throughout the Austin/San Antonio area.
I enjoy working with a variety of different clients! Some of my favorites are:
- Athletes: Especially distance/endurance athletes such as marathoners or triathletes. Whether it’s for an upcoming training cycle or help meeting specific goals, I love helping fuel athletes to their best!
- Moms: Pregnant, postpartum, nursing, or just super busy moms with real lives and a house full of kids! Nutrition can get lost in the chaos of motherhood, and I enjoy helping moms find practical, sustainable ways to keep it a main focus for themselves and their families.
- Chronic Dieters: The “always on a diet” and obsession with food trends is a rough path! I thoroughly enjoy helping people break the maddening diet-cycle and develop a loving relationship with food.
- Chronic Conditions: Medical nutrition therapy can be life changing for those with lifelong conditions, such as diabetes or PCOS. I am incredibly passionate about using nutrition as an integral part of the care process for all types of chronic conditions, and using food as an enjoyable means to help manage them as well!
I’m currently accepting new clients. I can meet with clients in-person at our Central Austin location or virtually via video chat.
BJ Friedman, PhD, RDN, LD
Registered Dietitian Nutritionist
I love food. I believe that we should all enjoy eating the best tasting and highest quality food available. My motto is “Don’t waste calories on bad food.” But I know that buying, preparing, and eating great tasting and healthful foods is not always easy. We’re busy and it’s so easy to become overwhelmed by the information about food and health.
I can help you. My approach to food is that it should taste good and be healthful, but not restrictive. I believe that eating real, whole foods achieves these goals. And I use the latest evidence-based nutritional and lifestyle recommendations that improve health and treat nutrition related disease symptoms.
Brittany Markides, MS, RDN, LD, CHC
In my practice, I use client-centered counseling methods, which means clients and I work together as collaborative partners. I believe that my clients are the experts of their own lives. The solutions to the barriers they encounter while attempting change can be found within their own personal life experiences and wisdom. I serve as a guide, providing sound nutrition advice while allowing clients to explore their innate ability to make healthful, sustainable changes and develop their own joy-filled relationship with food.
I specialize in helping clients:
- Regain power over their food choices to reduce overeating, binge eating, and emotional eating
- Ditch the diets and rediscover their natural hunger and satisfaction signals
- Manage chronic diseases such as diabetes, heart disease, PCOS, and more with medical nutrition therapy
Brittany is not seeing new clients at this time. Current clients can book via their secure client portal.