JOIN OUR TEAM
Registered Dietitian Nutritionist Jobs in Austin, Texas
Part-Time Registered Dietitian Nutritionist
We are currently accepting applications for a part-time registered dietitian nutritionist.
The RDN will provide comprehensive evidence-based nutrition care services to Choose Food clients. The RDN will competently conduct assessments, develop care plans using the nutrition care process, monitor ongoing medical conditions, establish and maintain clear communication with clients’ healthcare teams, and provide nutrition education and counseling within appropriate behavior change model framework.
Education and Experience
- Credentialed in good standing with the Commission on Dietetic Registration
- Licensed Dietitian in Texas
- 2 years experience working closely with clients in an out-patient or clinical setting
- Advanced certification in eating disorders, diabetes education, or weight management preferred
Required Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge and proficiency in current, evidence-based methods of medical nutrition therapy with an emphasis on health promotion and risk reduction
- Exceptional skill in using evidence-based behavioral change theories such as motivational interviewing to help clients make sustainable, meaningful health changes
- Superior leadership, organization, research, evaluation, time-management, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in the use of computer software, including MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Desire and ability to update knowledge and skills through various means including technology-based opportunities, courses, workshops, and conferences
- Multi-tasking skills related to the delivery of efficient nutritional care, including the ability to share information with colleagues and clients’ medical health teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to gain knowledge of the goals and structure of the practice including its policies, procedures, and the programs it provides
- Previous experience with electronic health records valuable, but not essential
- Ability to communicate well in writing and in person
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Job Type: Part-time, 10-20 hours per week (RDN will have some discretion w/r/t work schedule) Anticipated Start Date: June 1, 2018 Salary: Commensurate with experience To Apply: Please complete the application form at https://goo.gl/forms/EBbt1yOAOUQk0EX82.
Opportunities for Dietetics Students
Career Exploration Experience
We are accepting applications from highly creative, motivated, detail-oriented, and energetic students who are looking for an opportunity to complete a career exploration experience in a private practice setting.
Accepted students may be responsible for general administrative tasks, assisting with a range of graphics projects, and/or enriching our practice’s social media presence through measurable goals.
This is a perfect opportunity for a dietetics student to learn what it takes to manage a busy private practice. Students who apply themselves and fully commit to the work study experience will learn many of the skill sets required to successfully start and grow a business.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Strong preference to candidates with experience in graphic design, social media platforms, marketing, and/or medical billing
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage multiple assignments at the same time
- Outstanding written & verbal communication skills
- Excellent organization skills and ability to meet tight deadlines
- Technically savvy with ability to quickly and effectively master new software tools
- Job requires collaborative work. Must be creative and comfortable with sharing ideas, giving and receiving feedback, and working with teams
Job Type: Unpaid opportunity to complete required hours for a college course, such as NUTR 4301 at Texas State University
To apply, please complete the application form at https://goo.gl/forms/ppmhX47Tj8if07m42.