LAUREN BRAUER, MS, RDN, LDRegistered Dietitian Nutritionist in Austin, Texas
Lauren Brauer, MS, RDN, LD
For over 10 years I’ve had the pleasure of working with both families and individuals to help them improve their lives through nutrition. My goal as a nutrition therapist is to help people eat in a way that supports their physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual health. I use a collaborative, client-centered approach in my practice to help you, the client, find your individualized path toward a healthier life. Together we can explore what you want out of nutrition therapy and the best approach to get you there.
I specialize in working with:
- Parents who are concerned about their child’s growth and/or eating habits (under-eating, over-eating, picky eating, under/overweight, etc.)
- People who want to restore a positive relationship with food and their bodies
- People who want to expand their skills with meal planning, grocery shopping, and/or food preparation for management of diseases or overall wellness
- People with chronic health conditions like high cholesterol, hypertension, pre-diabetes, diabetes, PCOS, and more, who want to improve their health while enjoying what they eat
- People with gastrointestinal conditions who would like support in managing these conditions so they can continue to enjoy eating and life
When I am not at work, I enjoy cooking (and eating), gardening, yoga, singing, dancing, and spending time with my husband, toddler son, and two dogs.
I’m currently accepting new clients for this summer’s Picky Eating Rescue groups. Click here to learn more.
Prior Experience & Training
Registered Dietitian, Eating Recovery Center, Austin
Lead Clinical Dietitian Senior, Texas Center for the Prevention and Treatment of Childhood Obesity at Dell Children’s Medical Center
Dietitian Consultant and Educator, Abbot Fund Institute for Nutrition Sciences, Hanoi Vietnam/Boston, MA
Registered Dietitian and Clinical Coordinator, Nutrition and Fitness for Life Program, Boston Medical Center, Boston
1250 hours of post-grad supervised practice through Tufts University/Frances Stern Nutrition Center, Boston
Master of Science in Nutrition from Tufts University Friedman School of Nutrition Science and Policy, Boston
Bachelor of Science in Nutrition from University of Texas at Austin
Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN #949007)
Texas State Licensed Dietitian (LD #DT81555)